Welcome to the New Year and thanks so much for joining me back again at The Fermentation Podcast!
We’re back in action and I have a feeling that this is going to be an amazing year, especially in the fermentation realm with fermented foods and beverages climbing the list of top food trends that are predicted to be hot this year.
I think it just means that people are actively regaining their health and connecting with their cultures of the past to find the knowledge that’s there that can help them into a healthy future.
Anyways, I’m back on the air and here to go over some of the things I’d like to get into in 2015 including several areas of fermentation that I’ve only recently started talking about.
I wish all of you the best of health and a great New Year!
TOPICS INCLUDED IN TODAY’S FERMENTATION PODCAST:
- Going over a bit of the end of 2014, my talk with Jane Campbell of Fermenters Kitchen and the starter that she sent me in the mail that I’m excited about! (hint: sourdough – well, maybe more than a hint)
- My plan for the new year of several different areas of fermentation including:
- Kimchi, miso, yogurt, beer, and mead
- Building more of a garden that I can use in fermentation
- Getting even more interesting people on the show to keep up with some good fermentation talks in several different areas including
- Homebrew beer
- Cheese making
- Making kombucha and maybe talks from people who run kombucheries
- Fermentation businesses
- Trying out new methods of fermentation including a very kind gift at my doorstep from The Probiotic Jar
- A list of top fermented beverages and fermented foods to get you healthy into the New Year
- A good list of healthy habits that will make your New Year the best it can be to recharge your body and your mind
RECIPES MENTIONED IN TODAY’S SHOW:
- Healing Ferments from The Fermentation Podcast’s Pinterest
- Tempeh from The Fermentation Podcast’s Pinterest
LINKS FOR TODAY’S SHOW:
- Subscribe to Email (to get updates on blogs & new shows)
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Subscribe on Stitcher Radio (Android, iPhone, etc.)
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow our boards on Pinterest
- Jane Campbell’s Fermenters Kitchen Website
- Jane Campbell’s Fermenters Kitchen FB Page
- The Probiotic Jar
- Lisa’s Counter Culture
- The Movie (on Hulu): Fat Sick and Nearly Dead
I’d love to hear your thoughts on today’s show so be sure to comment below or if you have an idea for the show, email me at paul at fermentationpodcast.com or just click on the Contact button on top of this page and fill out the form. I look forward to hearing from you!