To operate a show like this, I have to make some things clear right up front.
- The content of this podcast, website, and any other area connected to The Fermentation Podcast is my opinion alone and I expect you to take it as such. No information here should be taken as health, medical, legal, or other advice. Use your own common sense and personal responsibility when acting on any information gathered here.
- Some of the topics discussed on The Fermentation Podcast such as alcohol etc. might be illegal when practiced in your municipality, country, or area. Ideally, no laws should exist on any of these subjects, but since they do make sure to know the laws in your area before putting anything into practice.
- I try my best to make sure I bring the most accurate and factual information to you by verifying the source of any information I decide to use in The Fermentation Podcast, but being just one person it’s inevitable that there could be inaccuracies or outdated information. If you see anything that is not correct or inaccurate, let me know and I will try to correct it.
- Serious food-borne illnesses relating to food usually involve the canning process (botulism, etc.) or cross-contamination of food (salmonella, campylobacter, etc.) that hasn’t been fermented to a safe pH level.
- I have not heard instances where people have gotten sick from properly fermented foods unless you take into account what was fermented or a individual’s allergic reaction to a food. Food allergies or or toxic poisoning from plants or organisms that were poisonous to begin with are very real and should always be considered.
- In any case, any information you get here is for educational & opinion purposes only and should not be taken as advice. If you are ever in doubt about something, do not consume it or seek the advice of a professional who knows and can guide you. This is extremely important in the area of identifying wild plants or mushrooms. There are things in this world when consumed that can kill you and you alone are responsible for your own actions.
- “If in doubt, throw it out.” If you ever think something might be unsafe to consume or are unsure, this classic rule always applies.
Fermented Foods “Cure All”
- Fermented foods and beverages are NOT magical unicorns that cure everything from cancer to AIDS to multiple sclerosis, etc. I don’t listen to people that claim such things and you shouldn’t either.
- Fermented foods and beverages can have a great place in most people’s diets and can contribute cultures of microorganisms of bacteria and yeast etc. that are probably missing from the average person’s diet. This COULD enhance overall health or it might not. That’s up to you to decide.
- One thing that is certain though is the amazing flavors and connection to your food that is missing from most people’s lives can be regained from fermentation and fermented foods. Again, that’s up to you if you want to explore this incredible living world of variety.
Affiliate Links & Product Endorsements
- Some links on this website are affiliate links which means I receive a commission when you either click on or buy that product.
- While I do receive commissions on certain things, I will only recommend a product if I feel it it is worth of my recommendation. If I put an affiliate link on a product on any pages or posts on this website, that means I recommend and put my endorsement behind that product or service. If I don’t endorse something, it WILL NOT contain an affiliate link.
- If a company or individual sends me a product to review, I have the right to say whether the product is worth putting my recommendation behind or if the product sucks! It is my responsibility to this audience to always be truthful.
- When I collect email addresses, I only use them for The Fermentation Podcast internally to update you about new posts, podcasts, or announcements etc. I do not sell email addresses to third parties and do not want to do business with anyone who does.
- You can unsubscribe at any time and while it will make me sad, you have the right to bring your business where you want. Capitalism and free markets work by voting with your dollars and time.