Fermentation in the news! I’m toying with the idea of making weekly posts on different fermentation stories making it into the news whether it’s a newspaper writing a story on something relating to fermentation, a new recipe I might find interesting, or even health related involving fermentation.
You’ll have to tell me what you guys think and if you have any interesting news, I want to know about it!
Food & Drink News
- Whole Foods Market Opening Store in Asheville to include Beer Garden & Kombucha on Tap – “This 35,000-square-foot store will have a second-floor “beer garden” called the Tunnel Road Tap Haus with local beer and kombucha at a dozen taps.”
- How to Make Kombucha
- Fermented soybean shaved ice pushes the envelope of summertime sweets
- Fermented kombucha ‘a miracle’
- Kombucha Smoothie with Apple, Apricot and Mint Recipe
- Book Review: Asian Pickles: Sweet, Sour, Salty, Cured, and Fermented Preserves
- A Family Affair – Local couple spins traditional kimchi
Health & Science News
- 4 Powerful Probiotic Foods That Create a Strong Immune System
- How Healthy Microbes Keep Us Well
- The Topical Benefits of Probiotics
- Yogurt and Probiotic-Rich Foods can Help Lower Blood Pressure
- 5 Foods High in Probiotics That Aren’t Yogurt
- Fermentation Festival & Market, Denver, Colorado – Sat Aug 9th 12:00pm – Sun Aug 10th 10:00pm
If you have a news item that you think I might find interesting or that might be a nice inclusion for next week’s Fermentation in the News, let me know! Either email me, click the Contact button on the top of the page, or comment below. I appreciate all feedback. Thanks so much!